- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or more, as needed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Simply Savory by Rachel Togarashi blend
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and vinegar; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Season chicken with Togarashi blend
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with sweet chili sauce.