Easy Sausage Stuffing Balls
Whether your holiday gathering is 1 or a socially distant 10--this easy appetizer is sure to please! I like to dip mine ina cranberry dipping sauce--or pop them in my mouth plain!!
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 (6oz) box StoveTop stuffing
- 1 teaspoon Poultry Slam seasoning
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup water
- In a medium saucepan, bring ¾ cup of water to a boil and then add the contents of the stuffing. Mix well, remove from heat, and set aside to cool. The idea here is to have slightly moistened stuffing.
- In a large bowl, mix the uncooked sausage with the stuffing and cheddar cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Roll the mixture into small 1 inch bite-size balls. Pack them tightly so that they hold together when baked.
- Place them in the fridge for about an hour, or until you're ready to bake and serve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the chilled sausage balls onto a parchment line baking sheet and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until cooked through.