- Listen, just because you're sheltered in place doesn't mean your taste buds don't want to experience great tasting food! Fresh pasta may sound daunting, but if you have flour, eggs, salt, and oil.....you have the makings of fresh pasta!
Fresh pasta is a fun task to tackle with your kids in your new homeschool or to just blow off some steam! Whatever you do, let me know how it goes for you!
- 4 large eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, fine grind
- Place the flour in a mound on a large cutting board. Create a well in the middle of the flour and crack eggs into the center of the well. Add the salt and olive oil to the eggs.
- Use your hands to fold the liquid into the rest of the dough until it forms a loose ball. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic, sprinkling some extra flour on the cutting board if needed to prevent sticking or if they dough seems too wet.
- Form the dough into a ball with your hands and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Let the dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pasta dough into your desired shape, using a rolling pin or pasta maker attachment. Cook the pasta in a large pot of generously-salted boiling water until it is al dente, usually between 1-5 minutes depending on the thickness of your pasta. Drain and use immediately by serving with your favorite sauce and toppings.
Back to Recipes and More!