Grilled Chicken Taco with Mango Slaw
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Mango Slaw
- ½ cup mayo or sour cream
- 2 large limes (1/2 teaspoon zest; 4 tablespoons juice)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger, fresh is best
- ½ teaspoon churrasco blend from Simply Savory by Rachel
- 1 thinly sliced honey mango
- 2 cups thinly slice green cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion, optional
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- 16 oz shredded grilled or rotisserie chicken
- 10-12 mini flour or corn tortillas
Additional limes and cilantro for serving
- Avocado, optional
- Zest part of 1 lime to get about 1/2 teaspoon lime zest and then juice 2 limes to get about 4 tablespoons lime juice.
- Combine the mayo, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, sesame oil, and seasoning in a bowl. Add some salt + pepper to taste. Stir well, season more to taste. Mix sliced vegetables and mango with slaw dressing. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare the tacos: top each tortilla with some chicken and a generous portion of the slaw. Add additional cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and/or avocado, if desired.